Knitting, Spinning, Weaving and Life

Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Start

Sooo...


After many months of silence, I'm going to try this again. I now have at least an hour a day at work where I'm manning the Help Desk and am allowed to do whatever else I want in between calls. Mostly I've been a conscientious little employee and done my regular work, but I'm going to try taking some of this time to write blog entries too. Maybe I'll have better success this way, although because I don't have any access to my photo files, I'll still have to edit at home before I post.





On the knitting front, I seem to have become a sock knitter. Since Christmas I have finished 4 pair of socks. One pair was done in 2 days. Glad you liked them Mom, I'll have you know I actually got a blister while I was hurrying to get them done. Then I went and got sick so I couldn't get them into the mail. It figures. Anyway, you're lucky you got them. I was tempted to keep them.

Yarn: Elann Sock It To Me in red.


Pattern: Flame Wave Socks from Favorite Socks





I started these with Kollage square needles and really liked them - at first. By the time I fininshed the first sock and got about half way down the calf of the second, I had a sore spot on my left ring finger. By the time I reached the heel, it was a blister. The edge of the needles dug into my finger there and it became a real problem. I changed to round needles a size larger to finish.

Happy Birthday Mom!



More socks to come.

No comments: